Q. Is it safe to opt for a gastrointestinal bypass surgery to lose weight fast?

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

I am 50 years old. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Three years ago, I had a heart stroke, after which I quit smoking and gained weight very fast. I want to lose weight fast. Will it be safe if I opt for a gastrointestinal bypass?

Kindly suggest.

#

Thank you for the query. I have reviewed the mentioned details (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). According to your height and weight, your BMI (body mass index) is only 21.66 kg/m2. Your current weight is absolutely fine, and there is no need for a further weight reduction. I suggest you maintain your current weight.

|