Q. How to relieve gastritis pain during second trimester of pregnancy?

Dr. Balakrishnan. R

I am six months pregnant. I am having burning pain and numbness in the upper right side of my stomach. The pain starts in the center of the upper abdomen and spreads to the left side and back. I had gallbladder surgery two years ago. What can be the reason for my discomfort?

Kindly advise.

#

I understand your concern.

Your symptoms are of gastritis. At six months, the baby is above the level of the umbilicus, due to which there is little space left for the stomach. It will cause repeated hunger pangs and an early feeling of fullness. I suggest you have frequent small meals and avoid oily, spicy, non-vegetarian food. Also, do not lie down immediately after having food.

I suggest you the below treatment plan:

Syrup Mucaine (Oxetacaine, Aluminium hydroxide, and Milk of Magnesia), Tricaine, or Gelusil one tablespoon thrice a day half an hour after food for three to five days.

Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before food once in a while.

Consult a specialist doctor, talk to him or her, and start the medicines with their consent.

Hope I have clarified your query, do write back if you have any more queries.

All the best.

|