Q. What siddha treatment can be had for pain in the upper abdomen?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Dec 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My 17-year-old daughter constantly gets pain in her upper abdomen with stiffness in the area. She has lots of gas and constipation. Sonography did not show anything. Doctors normally advise antacids and sometimes antibiotics. She has no hunger. Only in the evening, she has hunger and invariably eats junk food. She does not have healthy food. She is extremely intelligent. She sleeps a lot as in 12 to 14 hours per day. Kindly help. .

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

• This is gastritis due to stress, irregular diets, late sleep, etc. This can be cured by the following methods:
  • Stop eating chapatis, potatoes, chilies, and raw onions.
  • Consume easily digestible liquid diets such as rice porridge, idli etc.
  • Stop drinking tea and coffee. Instead, take this herbal drink made up of the following. Turmeric, Seeragam (cumin seeds), Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare), Koththamalli (coriander) seeds, Fenugreek seeds, small onions, one piece of Elam (Elettaria cardamomum). Add a small quantity of these in 200 mL of water, heat in mild flame and reduce it to 100 mL and consume it.
  • Drink tender coconut water on an empty stomach before lunch.
  • Nannari Manappagu Syrup is effective for gastritis. I suggest you take 10 mL mix with 100 mL water and drink. This is to be consumed four times a day before food. This can heal stomach problems.
  • Elaathi tablet can also be considered.
  • Bhavana Kadukkai (made up of Terminalia chebula) this chewable tablet is to relieve constipation. Just keep one table on the tongue after food. This gets dissolved and then swallow the saliva. Then drink half a tumbler of warm water. This is to be done three times a day. At least in the night, it should be taken. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

If you follow all these, I think she will be all right. Thank you.

For more information consult a siddha medicine specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/siddha-medicine-specialist

Are elaadi and elaathi the same? I got only the manapaagu online. Where can I get Bhavana kadukkai and the elaathi?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

#

• Elaathi is the same only.
  • First search online to find the pharmaceutical manufacturer. Then call or mail them about your nearest supplier or dealer. They will help you.
  • These medicines are available online.

What are the natural methods to cure diarrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is 28 years old. He had loose stools and watery diarrhea for a week. He had like 15 to 20 times diarrhea for about five days. He was diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis, hospitalized and had antibiotics and other supplements. He had high potassium and Asthalin nebulizer was gi...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, there are many unknown causes of such symptoms. Siddha doctor has suggested the correct treatment. Buttermilk, curry leaves paste and powdered fenugreek combination should be taken once in six hours that is four times a day for 7 days. Within one day, you will ...  Read Full

How can I stop hair loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hair loss. How can I stop it?  Read Full >>

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start with Wiesbaden 30 five pills in the morning, noon, evening, and night, Arnica hair oil (massage thrice in a week), Arnica shampoo, along with medicines. Have healthy food which has protein and calcium. Fenugreek is also good for hair. Have proper sound ...  Read Full

Would fundoplication help gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been struggling with pressure under my ribs and tightness in my chest for 5 years. It is on and off, but mostly it gives me a hard time to come through. I feel hard to belch often. I have taken Esomeprazole and Nexium to keep the reflux down, but the tightness and other awful ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully worked through your health query and can well understand your issues. Yes, it seems to be due to GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), simply the acid reflux. It has caused damage to the esophagus and other parts of the body too. Hiatal hernia...  Read Full

Ask a Siddha Medicine Specialist Now