Q. How to resolve severe pain and bloating in the abdomen after eating out?

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 13, 2021 and last reviewed on: Nov 17, 2021

I am having severe pain and bloating in the abdomen for the last two days. I started to have it after taking dinner at a restaurant. I have taken Omoperazole, Ofloxacin and Ornidazole.

#

I read your query. Sorry for the discomfort you are having. Please mention whether you have any nausea or vomiting tendency, any loose motion so far, and fever. Pain and bloating can occur due to gas formation. If your symptoms remain associated with a diarrhea episode, then it is gastroenteritis due to food poisoning. You are taking the correct medication. You should have relief with the above medication. In case of severe pain, as you mention (if it is not relieved with the above medicine), you can take tablet Dicyclomine 20 mg orally once a day for two days. Hope you find this helpful. Thanks.

I do not have nausea or vomiting and loose motion. I got a fever yesterday night. I have taken three doses of both medicines. I cannot pass gas or stool.

#

Generally, diarrhea happens because of eating outside food. In your case, you mentioned constipation due to not passing stool or gas. You can try drinking a lot of water. It helps to resolve it. Take stool softener before bedtime for normal evacuation of bowel next morning. You have a fever too. Continue taking antibiotics with gas medicine. You can take Omeprazole twice a day. Add tablet Dicyclomine for spasmodic pain. Hope you get well soon. Thanks.

|