Q. What is pancreatic rest?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 15, 2019

Please find the attachment of the endoscopy report of my wife. She had stomach pain a long time ago, and we did the endoscopy. But, the doctor did not explain the reason to us. Could you please explain to me? What is pancreatic rest? What do you think about the nature of her polyps and the risk of malignancy? Thanks in advance.

#

• I have seen the endoscopy reports of your wife (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has gastroesophageal reflux (heartburn).
  • A pancreatic rest is a sort of ectopic pancreatic tissue in the gastroduodenal mucosa. It is always better to wait for a biopsy report in these type of cases. Once the report is back with you, please write back.
  • Follow the instructions and get back to me with the medicines prescribed by your doctor, so that there is no duplication.
  • Avoid spicy food, heavy meals, smoking and alcohol.
  • Raise the head end of your bed and do not stoop or lift heavy weight. Try to reduce your weight if you are obese.
  • In the case of stress, manage stress levels by meditation and exercise.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

What does exactly the report say? Is that villous adenoma polyps? Do we need any further test like a colonoscopy? Does antral gastric mucosa with mild edema suggest ascites?? If yes, then what is the treatment? What test should we get to rule out ascites?

#

• The histopathology report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is suggestive of a non-malignant lesion. So, please continue the medicines that your doctor has prescribed and the tips I have provided.
  • There is no ascites. Edema occurs in gastritis and GERD.

For further doubts consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

First of all thanks a lot for your interest and your helpful answer. Please let me know if we need to do a colonoscopy. Please suggest medicine for her. She is taking Nexium 40, but there is no improvement. She has terrible pain in the stomach after food, dizziness and feeling like she wants to vomit.

#

• I suggest her Nexium 40 (Esomeprazole) twice a day before breakfast and before dinner and liquid Sucralfate two tablespoon three times a day.
  • Also, a good probiotic and antacid will help. Consult your wife's specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

| 

Natural Sources and Health Benefits of Probiotics

Article Overview: This article explains about probiotics, their health benefits, and natural sources of probiotics. Read Article

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Probiotics are naturally occurring bacteria in our gut. The word 'Probiotic' is derived from a Latin word 'Pro’ meaning ‘Promoting’ and the Greek word 'Biotic' which means 'Life.' Probiotics are live microorganisms in the gut that have several health benefits. Many kinds of ba...  Read Article

How to Treat Heartburn?

Article Overview: The burning sensation in the chest due to acid regurgitating into the esophagus is called heartburn. Learn the causes, treatment, and prevention of heartburn. Read Article

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Usually at night, we may feel a sour liquid in our throat coming from beneath or burning sensation in our upper tummy. The pain goes up through our chest to the throat. Sometimes we fear it as a heart attack. This is called heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in medical terms. How D...  Read Article

I have pain in the throat during swallowing. Is this respiratory tract infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am returning back home from vacation and I am experiencing fever and body aches. I think my tonsils and throat are swollen. I am experiencing pain and discomfort in my throat. I have pain in the throat during swallowing.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»