iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInternal Medicinegastroesophageal refluxI have bad pain at the end of my esophagus and the beginning of my stomach. What should I do?

I have a watery taste in my mouth but cannot throw up. Please help.


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 1, 2022
Reviewed AtDecember 2, 2022

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I have bad pain at the end of my esophagus at the beginning of my stomach, and I feel like there is a knot there, and I have got this pain right after eating dinner last night. I only ate four bites of dinner and stopped because the upper part of my stomach started hurting. I felt like I wanted to throw up. I even got that watery taste in the back of my mouth like I wanted to throw up, but I never did. Now the pain subsided somewhat, but I had a mini muffin about 2 hours ago, and I am in the same predicament. How do I get myself to throw up?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern.

You have gastric reflux due to abnormal relaxation of the lower part of the esophagus. It is a very common condition that requires some medications and lifestyle modifications to be controlled.

My advice:

1. Maalox sachet after heavy meals.

2. Pantoprazole 20 mg tablet once daily in the morning for two weeks.

3. Eat light meals and avoid lying in a supine position after meals.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy