iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychiatrygender dysphoriaI am an 18-year-old girl and feel trapped in my body as I consider myself a man. Why?

Why do I feel trapped in the body of the wrong gender?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 24, 2023
Reviewed AtFebruary 28, 2023

Patient's Query

I am 18 years old and have felt trapped in my body since I got to my senses. I thought I was like any other guy until I was forced to dress up as a woman. I just hated it, and I still hate being considered a girl. All I know is that the inner me is a man. I consider myself a man since it is what I am deep inside. I never look at my private parts because they make me feel like a girl. I like girls more. Can you diagnose what it is?

I read your query and understand your concern. You seem to be suffering from a gender identity disorder. In this disorder, one's psychological setup for identity differs from the biological one, which creates stress and dysphoria. People feel the same as you feel trapped in the wrong gender's body. I would advise you to get face-to-face counseling.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vandana Patidar
Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatry

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Psychiatry

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy