Q. I have reddish blisters around my leg and vagina. Is it due to irritation due to chlamydia?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I have been told that it is folliculitis and herpes. I tested negative on my blood work for herpes. What can it be? And can folliculitis look like this? The doctor said the lesions might be due to the irritation of chlamydia? So I tested positive for chlamydia about two days ago, and my partner and I are both taking medication. I have some reddish blisters around my bug or leg and vagina. My doctor says it is due to irritation from chlamydia and folliculitis. I have been reading online, and everything points to herpes, and I am still worried even though my blood test came negative. Any advice is appreciated. I am currently taking Doxiciclina for chlamydia.

#

• How long has it been there?
  • Do you have any symptoms?
  • Is that started with fluid-filled vesicles?

I am looking forward to your response to help you.

Thanks for your reply.

I just started getting treatment for Chlamydia yesterday. I began to show symptoms, but the doctor gave me only Baycuten while waiting for the blood test results. My symptoms are itchy; they sometimes burn when I urinate. Most of the start as a small pimple and then turned big. I have pictures of how they have progressed.

#

Clinically, it favors herpes genitalis; I would advise you to start tablet Aciclovir 400 mg thrice daily for seven days and T Bact (Mupirocin) ointment twice daily over the lesion. The test does not always come positive within few weeks of exposure, so you need to repeat tests after four weeks, and tests include HSV-1 (Herpes simplex virus) and 2 IgG (Immunoglobulin G) and IgM (Immunoglobulin M). Nevertheless, you can go for PCR (Polymerase chain reaction) from the lesion now to get confirmation about herpes. I hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

| 

Does HSV IgG value of 1.74 confirms the diagnosis of genital herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from genital herpes. My HSV IgG range was 1.74. I am having burning and itching in my inner walls of the vagina for about a week. Please help.  Read Full »

I have a recurring knot outside my vagina, which bursts and bleeds. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 34 year old female weighing 300 pounds. My height is 5'2". I have a vaginal issue that I need advice about. I have a knot that keeps coming up just on the outside of my vagina, and it eventually bursts and bleeds for a while. This has happened twice now, and it has really started ...  Read Full »

Please look at the picture I have attached and tell me if it is an STD.

Query: Hello doctor,I have noticed an outgrowth near my vagina. When I consulted a doctor, she suggested it could be genital warts. We did the STD test for HPV and it came negative. But, I am so scared. Please help.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»