Q. Will sharing water bottle cause transmission of genital herpes?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 19, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2019

My cousin was diagnosed with genital herpes a few days back. She also has a sore throat currently that the doctor thought was strep throat but the strep test was negative. I shared a water bottle with her recently. Could I have contracted herpes from sharing the water bottle?

#

The sharing of water bottle is not known to spread herpes. Genital herpes spread through sexual route. The viral infection also can cause sore throat like influenza infection. It will give streptococcus negative test.

|