Q. Will sharing water bottle cause transmission of genital herpes?

Published on Jun 19, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2019

My cousin was diagnosed with genital herpes a few days back. She also has a sore throat currently that the doctor thought was strep throat but the strep test was negative. I shared a water bottle with her recently. Could I have contracted herpes from sharing the water bottle?

Hematology Pathology
#

The sharing of water bottle is not known to spread herpes. Genital herpes spread through sexual route. The viral infection also can cause sore throat like influenza infection. It will give streptococcus negative test.

| 

My husband has extreme shivering and profuse sweating at night. Should we take him to the ER?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband was in a below-freezing weather all weekend, day and night, for military training. Nine of the men he was with went to the hospital for various cold weather injuries. Since coming home, he has been suffering from what seems like a cold in the daytime, but at night, he has extr...  Read Full »

My son suspects to have genital herpes. Is it safe for my pregnant daughter to be near him?

Query: Hello doctor, My 26-year-old son suspects to have genital herpes. He had one outbreak of something in his genitals about six weeks ago but no other symptoms. He has not seen a doctor nor has he had any testing. He does not believe he has it. He is going to spend this weekend with his sister who is ...  Read Full »

How to manage high fever, body pain and headache?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female. Since yesterday, I have been suffering from high fever, body ache and headache. Fever dropped to 102 degree Fahrenheit in the evening. I had Crocin. Later, the temperature hit 104 degree Fahrenheit. I got shivers and vomited once. Still the temperature is same. ...  Read Full »