Q. Do the muscular bumps in my genitals resemble warts?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

I have two bumps in my genitals for two months. Do they look like warts?

#

I saw the two photos attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I hope you are referring to the two small brownish lesions, which appear to be warts. Can you tell me about the symptoms, intercourse history, and partner history, if any?

Thank you for replying. I have a single partner, and there were no symptoms other than itchiness. I applied apple cider vinegar, and it did not help me.

#

Usually, no or some minor symptoms may occur. They are usually benign and subside on their own. Since the genital area is sensitive and can cause reactions or local side effects, do not take self-medications. Your partner also should be examined for the presence of warts. Other things like skin tags or seborrheic keratosis have to be ruled out. There are different modalities of treatment for warts, such as topical treatment or cryotherapy, or cauterization. Consult your doctor for further treatment and management.

|