Q. I have a raised and hard lump on the corona of the glans penis. Please help.

Dr. Zubayeralam
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I am 38 years old and have a person with type 1 diabetes. I have a raised lump on my penis on the corona (sulcus), which I first noticed ten days back. It feels hard to touch and is around 3 to 5 mm long by 2 to 3 mm wide and raised about 1 to 2 mm. I currently take Insulin.

Dr. Zubayeralam

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a raised lump on the penis on the corona (sulcus). The lump on the penis may result from pearly penile papules, fordyce spots, lymphocele, lichen planus, genital warts, sores or ulcers, peyronie's disease, molluscum contagiosum, penile cancer, etc. The treatment depends on the causes. It would help if you underwent some investigations like CBC (complete blood count), urine R/M/E (complete urine examination) and C/S (urine culture or sensitivity), urethral swab for C/S, biopsy, or FNAC (fine-needle aspiration cytology) from penile lump, etc., to detect the underlying causes for your present sufferings and then treat them accordingly. In case of any other query, ask me.

| 

Thanks for your reply.

Did you look at my pictures? Are you able to advise what this might be from looking at those? Please take a look and let me know.

Dr. Zubayeralam

#

Thanks for joining again.

I have downloaded all your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). And now, I am trying my best for your diagnosis and treatment here. According to your pictures, you may suffer from a genital wart caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). Genital warts are fleshy growths that develop around the head of the penis or neck of the penis. The warts are usually skin-colored. A person can transmit an HPV infection through the skin to skin genital contact like during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. A small biopsy from the lump will confirm the diagnosis. You can apply the medications as follows-

▪︎Aldara (Imiquimod) or Zyclara (Imiquimod) cream applies locally on your affected area two to three times daily (avoid sexual intercourse while the cream is on your skin) until the lump disappears.

▪︎Condylox (Podofilox) cream apply locally on your affected area two to three times daily until the lump disappears.

▪︎Veregen (Sinecatechins) cream apply locally on your affected area two to three times daily until the lump will be disappeared.

You can apply any one of the medications mentioned above, and it will take few days to few months to heal. In some cases, surgical intervention may be needed in the long run. in case of any other query, knock me, and I will try to reply to you further.

|