Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have a raised and hard lump on the corona of the glans penis. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Zubayeralam
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 22, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am 38 years old and have a person with type 1 diabetes. I have a raised lump on my penis on the corona (sulcus), which I first noticed ten days back. It feels hard to touch and is around 3 to 5 mm long by 2 to 3 mm wide and raised about 1 to 2 mm. I currently take Insulin.

Dr. Zubayeralam

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)


Welcome to

Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a raised lump on the penis on the corona (sulcus). The lump on the penis may result from pearly penile papules, fordyce spots, lymphocele, lichen planus, genital warts, sores or ulcers, peyronie's disease, molluscum contagiosum, penile cancer, etc. The treatment depends on the causes. It would help if you underwent some investigations like CBC (complete blood count), urine R/M/E (complete urine examination) and C/S (urine culture or sensitivity), urethral swab for C/S, biopsy, or FNAC (fine-needle aspiration cytology) from penile lump, etc., to detect the underlying causes for your present sufferings and then treat them accordingly. In case of any other query, ask me.

Was this answer helpful?


Hello doctor,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you look at my pictures? Are you able to advise what this might be from looking at those? Please take a look and let me know.

Thank you.

Dr. Zubayeralam

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)


Welcome back to

Thanks for joining again.

I have downloaded all your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). And now, I am trying my best for your diagnosis and treatment here. According to your pictures, you may suffer from a genital wart caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). Genital warts are fleshy growths that develop around the head of the penis or neck of the penis. The warts are usually skin-colored. A person can transmit an HPV infection through the skin to skin genital contact like during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. A small biopsy from the lump will confirm the diagnosis. You can apply the medications as follows-

▪︎Aldara (Imiquimod) or Zyclara (Imiquimod) cream applies locally on your affected area two to three times daily (avoid sexual intercourse while the cream is on your skin) until the lump disappears.

▪︎Condylox (Podofilox) cream apply locally on your affected area two to three times daily until the lump disappears.

▪︎Veregen (Sinecatechins) cream apply locally on your affected area two to three times daily until the lump will be disappeared.

You can apply any one of the medications mentioned above, and it will take few days to few months to heal. In some cases, surgical intervention may be needed in the long run. in case of any other query, knock me, and I will try to reply to you further.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Is the lump in breast cancer or cyst?
I am suffering from burning sensation and inflammation in anus after intercourse. Will this be HPV?
I found two genital warts inside the vagina. Is it due to HPV?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have little genital warts in my vagina and worried that it could be VPH. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a few and little genital warts in my vagina. I can send you a picture if you want, I am very worried that it could be VPH. Please help me.  Read Full »

Can hard lump on my forearm mean a fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I hit my forearm yesterday and there is a hard lump now where it was hit. It does not hurt to move my arm or pick things up but does hurt if any pressure is put near the lump. It does not sound like a fracture, does it? I do not want to go to the doctor's office as everyone is sick an...  Read Full »

Does HPV vaccine cure genital warts?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50-year-old male. I had genital warts five years ago, had them removed via cauterization and received three injections of HPV vaccine Gardasil. The doctor said the vaccine would cure the virus, but after a year, warts reappeared and until now they are still in my scrotum, and th...  Read Full »

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.