Q. Why do I have warts in my testicles despite not having any sexual activity?

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma

I have noticed some wart-like thing in my testicle. It has been present for more than eight months now, but still, it is intact. The worrying part is it is not disappearing, and it is spread across the testicles. From a young age, I have constantly been facing the issue of warts in my face. Also, I have never had any sexual activity for the last two years. I am wondering about the reason for the same. To remove the wart in my face, I use Salicylic acid.

Would you please suggest a good treatment for my wart?

Thanks.

#

I understand your concern, and I will help you with it.

I have seen the attached image (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity), which looks like warts. Have you ever done a biopsy of your lesion?

As around 50 percent of warts are associated with HPV (Human Papillomavirus) infection, you should get tested for HPV. Kindly keep the area dry and clean; wear cotton underwear to avoid moisture. Use Imiquimod 5% cream topically; if it does not heal or keeps recurring, then cryosurgery removal or surgical excision may be necessary.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it anything related to cancer? I am worried about this. It will be a great help if you suggest the medicines with their generic name.

Thanks.

#

Persistent HPV infection can lead to squamous cell carcinoma. Hence the testing is recommended.

You can use Aldara 5 % (Imiquimod) cream thrice daily for one week.

All the best.

|