Q. I have a moderate cough from the last two weeks and a lot of gas. Please help.

Dr. Elangkumaran
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 16, 2020

I have moderate cough from last 2 weeks and very little sputum which is very rare. Also I have no fever no problem is swallowing but I can feel a little pain when I touch my throat below the jaw area. I had runny nose 2 weeks back but not so much and now that is also gone. So no runny nose as of now . Also I took augmentin 625 2-3 days back and cough was better but now it is back not so much though but it triggers more at night . And having a lot of gas.

Dr. Elangkumaran

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

hi the problem what you have is called gastroesophageal Reflux disease people those who have this condition would develop dry cough especially at night and sore throat burning sensation in the stomach I would like to know is there any recent history of weight gain? ! sleep disturbances causes gas problems... normally our body will produce 12 to 16 litres of gas people those who sleep 6 to 8 hours would not have any gas problem...

stress, sleep disturbances

COLD, IBS

GERD

sompraz levosulpride 40/75 two times a day
gaviscon 5 ml three times a day
duphalac syp 15 ml at night

sleep hygiene, avoid spicy diet

| 

I have uneasiness below collarbone and feel spasm during breathing. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a-32-year old female. Recently, I am feeling a sort of uneasiness below the collarbone and quite in the middle of the upper portion of the chest. Initially, I thought it was a spasm but I have it for more than two weeks and feels little heavy deep inside. Kindly let me know the proble...  Read Full »

I have GERD and feel a lump under Adam's apple. Is it serious?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. I have GERD since a few years as the doctor told me after a diagnosis where he took the camera inside the food pipe. Anyway, I used to smoke then I quit but recently I smoked a bit when I was in holiday, after coming back from holidays I am getting a lump like feeling ...  Read Full »

I have GERD. Can you suggest any treament?

Query: Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from stomach ulcer for the past 2 years. Till now the ulcer was not severe, but since few days I have been having stomach pain everytime after having food. Doctor diagnosed that, I have GERD. But even then I faced GERD problems rarely. But for the past 3 weeks ...  Read Full »

Ask a Criticalcare Physician Now