Q. Is having a persistent feeling of acidity normal?

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

I am 35 years old, and my weight is 95 kg with five feet seven-inch height (overweight). I have felt that if I bend my head to my knees to pick something, I get a pulsatile or heartbeat-type sound in my right ear; it does not happen in the morning rather it happens after I eat food or do some physical work like climbing stairs or running.

I am also suffering from a major problem of GERD and acidity always. Is it normal?

#

For gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), I would suggest you take -

1. Tablet Esomac D (Domperidone 30 mg and Esomeprazole 40 mg) once daily before food for one month. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take medicines with their consent.
  2. Avoid fasting or consuming spicy food.
  3. Reduce weight.
  4. Get upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done.

Symptoms similar to GERD can also be seen in dyspepsia. However, I think the pulsatile sound is not due to GERD or acidity; hence I suggest you consult an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) doctor.

Follow-up with me after 15 days.

What could be the cause of the pulsatile sound? Why is it coming only after having food or exercise? Can consumption of food increase blood to the ear?

#

This is called Tinnitus. It occurs after changing posture or due to sudden body movement, and it is not related to food intake usually.

|