iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersMedical GastroenterologygerdCan I use Ancool SF tonic daily for GERD and acid reflux?

Can I use Ancool SF tonic daily for GERD and acid reflux?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 30, 2018
Reviewed AtDecember 8, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am asthmatic for four years and hypertensive. Two months back I had a breath issue in spite of using my inhaler. Later, it was diagnosed with GERD and acid reflux. I was suggested a medication for 15 days. Later, I was fine. But whenever I eat oily food I am having a heartburn sensation. I was suggested to take Ancool SF tonic whenever I have such symptoms. Can I use this tonic daily?

Answered by Dr. Babu Lal Meena


Welcome to icliniq.com.

This Ancool SF contains sucralfate. This helps ulcers to heal if any (by coating over ulcer). If you take this, you need to take three times in a day for 1 to 2 weeks, not intermittent. Antacids you can take while burning. Endoscopy report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) says about evidence of fungal infection, I think it was treated with antifungal medication. Besides medication, life style modification is an important way to cure GERD (in form of food change, excercise, etc).

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Medical Gastroenterology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online

Medical Gastroenterology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy