Q. Even though investigations are normal, I am getting chest pain. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

For the last two years I have been suffering from severe chest pain. The exact location is behind the breast and the pain radiates to the left hand. I have done enough of evaluation like TMT, 2D echo, lipid profile, MRI thoracic area, MRI cervical, CT chest with contrast and other blood test. None of these reports are positive or identified any issue or problem. I have visited cardiologist, neurologist, psychiatrist and general medicine doctors. Everyone tried to give me some painkiller and that works for a week. And then the pain will be back after a week or so. Over last three months the pain is so severe and I am rushing to the nearby hospital. They used to take an ECG and give me three to five injections through IV to control the pain. I am sick and tired in finding the root cause and also very depressed because of this pain. I am unable to bear it most of the time. Please help me out in directing a right specialist or doctor to visit who can get me some relief from this pain. As I am unable to concentrate, my professional and personal life is on stake because of the pain. I am looking forward for your quick response.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• As per your details, there are only two possibilities:
  1. Atypical anxiety chest pain.
  2. Gastroesophageal reflux disease with hiatus hernia.
  • My recommendation is to get an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done. If that is normal, then we can go ahead with treatment for anxiety related chest pain.
  • In case of GERD, take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
  • Otherwise, I would recommend your SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Escitalopram for the purpose.

Revert back with the endoscopy report to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full »

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »