Q. Even though investigations are normal, I am getting chest pain. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

For the last two years I have been suffering from severe chest pain. The exact location is behind the breast and the pain radiates to the left hand. I have done enough of evaluation like TMT, 2D echo, lipid profile, MRI thoracic area, MRI cervical, CT chest with contrast and other blood test. None of these reports are positive or identified any issue or problem. I have visited cardiologist, neurologist, psychiatrist and general medicine doctors. Everyone tried to give me some painkiller and that works for a week. And then the pain will be back after a week or so. Over last three months the pain is so severe and I am rushing to the nearby hospital. They used to take an ECG and give me three to five injections through IV to control the pain. I am sick and tired in finding the root cause and also very depressed because of this pain. I am unable to bear it most of the time. Please help me out in directing a right specialist or doctor to visit who can get me some relief from this pain. As I am unable to concentrate, my professional and personal life is on stake because of the pain. I am looking forward for your quick response.

#

We are here to help you.

• As per your details, there are only two possibilities:
  1. Atypical anxiety chest pain.
  2. Gastroesophageal reflux disease with hiatus hernia.
  • My recommendation is to get an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done. If that is normal, then we can go ahead with treatment for anxiety related chest pain.
  • In case of GERD, take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
  • Otherwise, I would recommend your SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Escitalopram for the purpose.

Revert back with the endoscopy report to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|