Q. I am a 20 year old male. Why do I have pricking pain in my heart?

Dr. Mohammed Parvez
Published on Oct 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2019

I am a 20 year old male. I have a constant pricking pain in my heart. I feel like a prick with the knitting needle and also like a spark or an electric current in my heart. It started this year and occurred very randomly. I have stomach cramps, and sometimes I feel like my esophagus has liquid in it. My health record is clean. My blood health record and blood pressure are alright. I do not understand what is wrong with me. I am in a state of panic. Please help.

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

#

• You are having a non-cardiac chest pain. The possible cause is due to GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). The acid reflux from the stomach is coming up into the esophagus causes irritation, which you feel like needle piercing in the chest wall.
  • I suggest you start having healthy foods, with low fat. Avoid fried foods. Have dinner at least two hours before going to sleep.
  • If you continue to have the same problem, please get a check-up by a local doctor.

For further queries consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

I have GERD. Can you suggest any treament?

Query: Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from stomach ulcer for the past 2 years. Till now the ulcer was not severe, but since few days I have been having stomach pain everytime after having food. Doctor diagnosed that, I have GERD. But even then I faced GERD problems rarely. But for the past 3 weeks ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the age of 24 year it is unlikely that you have ulcer in the stomach. It could be GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) that is causing all these symptoms, but after long time it may cause ulcer. If you are not responding to PPIs (Proton-Pump Inhibitors) then it co...  Read Full

My mother is weak after a surgery. Please suggest a diet plan for her recovery.

Query: Hello doctor,My mother had undergone a laparoscopy assisted vaginal hysterectomy two months ago. She is 52 years old, height 5 feet and 2 inches, weight 70 kg. She does not have any other medical issues. She was advised to avoid spicy food for a month. She has fatigue, weakness, constipation and gas...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother needs a wholesome diet that is rich in protein as well as vitamins, and calcium. Start with a low-fat diet which has moderate levels of carbohydrates, but is rich in protein. Give her four small meals a day, instead of three big ones. Breakfast should inclu...  Read Full

How can I treat the pain a little left under my Adam's apple?

Query: Hello doctor, There is pain under Adam's apple a little to the left. I have a history of acid reflux. There is a pain in the throat with acid reflux. I did see an ENT about two years ago. Everything was fine except for swollen vocal cords due to the acid reflux. I also had thyroid studies and ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Manu Wilfred

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gastroesophageal reflux disease typically presents with heartburn and regurgitation. Extraesophageal symptoms include a sore throat, hoarse voice, feeling of food stuck in the throat, chest pain etc. Upon examination of the throat, the finding of swollen vocal cords...  Read Full