Q. I am a 20 year old male. Why do I have pricking pain in my heart?

I am a 20 year old male. I have a constant pricking pain in my heart. I feel like a prick with the knitting needle and also like a spark or an electric current in my heart. It started this year and occurred very randomly. I have stomach cramps, and sometimes I feel like my esophagus has liquid in it. My health record is clean. My blood health record and blood pressure are alright. I do not understand what is wrong with me. I am in a state of panic. Please help.

Dr.Mohammed Parvez
MD., MBBS., AMERICAN BOARD OF INTERNAL MEDICINE ., ACLS
General Medicine, Internal Medicine

• You are having a non-cardiac chest pain. The possible cause is due to GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). The acid reflux from the stomach is coming up into the esophagus causes irritation, which you feel like needle piercing in the chest wall.
  • I suggest you start having healthy foods, with low fat. Avoid fried foods. Have dinner at least two hours before going to sleep.
  • If you continue to have the same problem, please get a check-up by a local doctor.

For further queries consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Ask a General Medicine Physician »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.