Q. I feel like something stuck in throat. How to get rid of this?

I am a 23 year old male who has been experiencing some symptoms related to my voice and throat. For the past few months, my voice has not been as deep as it has always been. If I try to lower it to how it was before, it takes a lot of effort and still does not sound right. I am constantly experiencing a feeling like something is stuck in my throat around my Adam's apple. I had an upper endoscopy performed for stomach-related symptoms; not for this problem. They did not note anything about my throat. My gastroenterologist diagnosed me with GERD and I read that it could explain these symptoms. However, after taking high doses of Omeprazole and trying Ranitidine as well, I have not had any relief for these voice and throat symptoms. What could be going on here? I appreciate any help you can provide.

Dr. Alok Rathi
M.B.B.S., M.S (PGI)., FELLOW (PEDIATRIC ENT
Otolaryngology (E.N.T

• Stress does cause GERD and such change in voice which you have.
  • The inability to speak as before is due to stress and this in turn is increasing your stress. It is a kind of chain reaction.
  • First of all relax. You are fine. Take a deep breath. Get away from all your worries. Work out the issues and get rid of them.

For further doubts consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Also Read Answers From

Ask an ENT Otolaryngologist »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.