Q. I have GERD with chest pain and acid feeling in throat. Kindly suggest a remedy.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 29, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 13, 2020

I would like to ask about the hyperacidity and GERD that I am suffering. I am experiencing this for the past six months until now. From the start, it was not that frequent. However, for this month, every day I am already suffering pain in the chest and often acid go through my throat. My recent medication was Omeprazole- Omebloc 20 for seven days. It somehow relieve but still symptoms are present. I also take antacids the previous month during the start of the symptoms and I also took Gaviscon. Please help.

#

Since you are suffering from GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) for a long time you need to take medicine for at least six weeks and follow some instructions. I suggest you to take some other acidity medicine like Pantoprazole. It would be better to take a combination of Pantoprazole (40 mg) and Domperidone (10 mg) once daily in the morning in empty stomach for six weeks.

Also, you can take some antacid syrup like Diovol plus 10 ml three times a day for 10 days. Avoid junk foods, soft drinks, alcohol, smoking, tea and coffee. Drink plenty of water. Avoid spicy food. Take bland diet. Do not lie down for at least half an hour after taking food.

| 

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full »

I have GERD and feel a lump under Adam's apple. Is it serious?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. I have GERD since a few years as the doctor told me after a diagnosis where he took the camera inside the food pipe. Anyway, I used to smoke then I quit but recently I smoked a bit when I was in holiday, after coming back from holidays I am getting a lump like feeling ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a solution for GERD and rumbling stomach.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. From the last few days, I am suffering from GERD. I feel something is stuck in my throat and even if I take water this feeling never goes. Also, I feel a loud sound in my stomach before and after lunch and formations of gas. I took Reblet D, Eristozyme tables and Su...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»