Q. How can I get my gestational age accurately?

Dr. Chitrangada

My CRL is 5.18 cm. How old is my baby now? How can I get my gestational age accurately?

#

The CRL of 5.18 cm corresponds to 11 to 12 weeks of gestation. A difference of two to three days is possible depending on the position of the baby and the measurement of the caliper placement. Ideally, we recommend a first scan to know the exact dating and to calculate the expected due date (EDD). As you have not mentioned your last menstrual period (LMP), I am unable to estimate the gestational age by LMP. Please provide them. I can say the result whether there is a delay in growth or there is a delayed conception.

| 

Will I get my periods correctly by next cycle?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a medical abortion about two months back. Last month, I did not get my natural periods. So, this month I took the tablet Primolut N and got my period. I took FSH and LH test and it was in 1:1 ratio. On the 12th day of my LMP, I took a follicular scan. There was no follicle seen ...  Read Full »

My wife is pregnant. How to know in which week she is?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife's hCG result showed 8000 mIU/mL. I understood that she is pregnant. But, how to make make sure the current term of pregnancy? I do not know in which week she is now. Please guide.  Read Full »

Is it dangerous to stay in a smoking hotel room when pregnant?

Query: Hello, I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and will be staying in a smoking hotel room for three nights. Is this dangerous in any way for the baby?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Radiologist Now