Q. Is there anything to be worried in pregnancy test reports?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 16, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 28, 2022

I am 24 weeks pregnant. I have done the following tests: CBC with PS, ESR (Westergren's method) and routine urine examination. Also, I have tested for a GCT single sample after taking 75 g of glucose and TSH. Recently, I have got Mcdonald stitch. My current medication is Folvite, Pixit, Ecosprin 75, Susten SR 300, Mumfer D3 and Milical-OD3. Please have a look at my reports and let me know if anything to be worried. Also, what should be done to recover from it?

#

You have normocytic and normochromic anemia (attachment removed to protect patient identity), so you need to take Iron tablets regularly.The ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) can be high due to an allergic skin reaction or even presence of helminths, which may be the possibility. The urine culture shows the epithelial cells, which are not enough to substantiate an UTI (urinary tract infection). But indeed an early UTI is indicated that the supplies increase your daily water intake to flush out the infection soon. The OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test) with 75 g glucose level has a cutoff value of 180 mg/dL. So, I suggest you to get an OGTT with 75 g glucose after one hour and two hours to rule out the gestational diabetes mellitus conclusively.

Is there any issue that can harm the baby? Is it easily curable?

#

If you are detected to be GDM (gestational diabetes mellitus) or gestational diabetic, then you have to take care of your diet and sugar levels as that can affect your child's growth. So, if GDM is detected, then it needs to be controlled.

|