Q. Shall I repeat GCT to confirm diabetes during pregnancy?

Dr. Saumya Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 08, 2020

I am 16 weeks pregnant with high GCT results. I would like to reconfirm the results. The value found today was 232 mg/dL. Can I redo the test in different laboratory to confirm the same? Is there any challenge in taking glucose again?

#

• Yes, of course you can do it in another laboratory.
  • I recommend FBS (fasting blood glucose), GCT (glucose challenge test) and HbA1c. Let me know the test reports.

Revert back with the reports to a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

As advised I got the test results. The results are as follows. FBS 88, HBA1C 5.86, GCT repeat 133. Kindly advice how to proceed now. When I checked fasting today morning, I found it was 101.

#

• From your current reports, I do not think that you have diabetes.

For further information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|