Gluteal Region

Can rabies vaccine be given in the gluteal region?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. My height is 5'8, and my weight is 150 pounds. A few weeks ago, I had an encounter with a bat early in the morning. I am not sure if I was bitten or if it was a brief encounter. I got a rabies vaccine administered on that day (day 0), as well as days 3, 7, and 14...  Read Full »

Dr. Clinton Leinweber

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear what you have been through. It sounds like you were in a category one exposure, which is low risk. However, it still requires post-exposure treatment. At present, in a person who is not immunocompromised, only four doses a...  Read Full »