Q. Is there any cure or treatment for calcified granuloma in Ayurveda?

Dr. Alka
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am 64 years aged female. Diagnosed with calcified granuloma 1 size 3 mm in the brain (frontal epilepsy 2 to NCC) causing one episode of seizure every two months. Life long daily dose of Lacosamide medicine is prescribed in Allopathy. Is there any cure or treatment in Ayurveda?

Do you have a question on Granuloma or Mentat Syrup?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Alka

BACHELOR OF AYURVEDIC MEDICINE AND SURGERY(B.A.M.S)., MASTERS IN HEALTHCARE SERVICES

I read your query and saw the attached files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Calcified granuloma is challenging to treat when any symptoms accompany it.As convulsions accompany the condition, then you need to take Allopathic management as advised to you. But along with that, you can choose syrup Mentat two teaspoon with water after food for one month. It is helpful in convulsions disorder and also improve brain functioning. Keep some time syrup Mentat (Himalayas) between your Allopathic medicines and syrup Mentat at least of one hour.

In case you feel any problem then stop taking it immediately, but in general, it does not cause any problem. You can consult a nearby Ayurveda physician or me after one month regarding improvement and for further management.

I will definitely follow your suggestion.

Dr. Alka

Hopefully, you will get better results soon.

Why am I feeling lazy with low energy and daytime sleepiness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male. From last six months, I am suffering from poor quality of sleep. I am not able to wake up early in the morning whether I go to bed early or late. My body feels heavy and lazy. I also have muscle aches, especially the muscle of palm and feet. Low energy, fatigue,...  Read Full >>
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problems are related to increased pitta (pitham). Increased pitham is due to late time sleep, less sleep, disturbed sleep, over workload, physical stress, mental stress, constantly thinking about sex, increased sexual activity, excess spicy food, roaming under sunli...  Read Full

What can be the diagnosis if granulomas are found on pancreas and lungs?
Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 31 years old and has severe anxiety. He was told that granulomas were found on his pancreas and possibly his lungs. They believe it is due to some sort of an autoimmune disorder. Is there anything that can be done to prolong his life? Should we be worried?  Read Full >>
Dr. Pratik Patil
General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An autoimmune disorder does not necessarily mean his life will be shortened. There are numerous types of autoimmune diseases which are pathologically neutral and do not endanger life. So, please see a rheumatologist and get him investigated. Regards. For more inform...  Read Full

Kindly suggest an effective solution for granuloma annulare.
Query: Hi doctor, I consulted a doctor and he told me I am suffering from dermatographic urticaria. A biopsy was performed on my hand then got to know that my chronic hand rash is granuloma annulare (GA). I have severe itching at the site where GA shows up. I have been suffering for many years with it. For...  Read Full >>
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Well, granuloma annulare is self limiting and symptomless condition. Your biopsy has suggested it to be a case of granuloma annulare. Intense itching along with purplish plaque is going in favor o...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now