Grief Management

I suffer from severe anxiety and depression after my husband's death. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My current issues are depression and anxiety. Honestly, it all started when my husband passed on our son's 1st birthday. I have just let it build up, and now I cannot control how I feel. I cry over crazy things, and I get mad over little things. I cannot sleep at night because I have n...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry for your loss. It is common to develop severe anxiety and depression after any significant loss in life. Prolonged grief results in the development of depression. Please try to keep yourself busy. Spend time outdoors with your son, which will help redu...  Read Full »

My mother is under stress, and she is making some noise repeatedly. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is under stress, and she is crying a lot. Suddenly, she started making some noise repeatedly, she was not able to open her eyes, and she had trouble breathing.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any one having extreme stress will try to escape it. This is called conversion disorder, which means the brain tries to escape from extreme stress. In most of the cases, from grief. It can be prevented by anxiolytics like benzodiazepines. Regards. For more information con...  Read Full »

How to manage sudden weight loss present with waist pain?

Query: Hi doctor,My mother is 61-year-old of height, 5'3", and weighs 58 to 60 kg. She is having regular pain below the waist (both thighs), sudden weight loss, not able to sleep at night, feeling like vomiting every morning, no interest in meals. I lost my father two months ago. It might be one of the rea...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am deeply sorry for your loss and the worries you have because of your mother’s condition. The probable cause for the pain can be gastritis or upper digestive system cancer (unlikely). It would be a good idea to make her see her family doctor or GP (general prac...  Read Full »