Grief Management

How to manage sudden weight loss present with waist pain?

Query: MY Mother having regular pain below waist (both thighs), sudden weight loss, not able to sleep in night, feeling like vomiting every morning, no interest in meals. I lost my father 2 months ago, so might be that too one of the reason affecting her health conditions. Please suggest. Current Medicatio...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: I’m deeply sorry for your loss and the worries you have because of your mother’s condition. Of course it would be a good idea to make her see her family doctor/GP to rule out a severe underlying condition. So please take her there or make the doctor to see her at home. However, also gr...  Read Full »

How to handle long-distance relationships?

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a relationship for the past four years and my boyfriend has now moved to another city. We were in the same college and I used to hang out daily. But, now things have changed. He is busy there with his life. We are talking so less and so I cry some days. I am not even able to study....  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel disturbed as your boyfriend moved to another city.  Read Full »

Please help me get over my breakup.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. My problem is that I loved a girl and now she moved away from me. She rejected my proposal. Now, I am getting suicide ideas. Please help me to come out of this.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your feel after losing your loved one. This is a natural human reaction to feel depressed and low after a loss. We call this as grief. You need grief management instantly or else your feelings can become intense and after two months of similar condition, it ...  Read Full »

My mom is under stress and crying a lot. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is under stress, and she is crying a lot. Suddenly, she started making some noise repeatedly, she was not able to open her eyes, and she had trouble breathing.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any one having extreme stress will try to escape it. This is called conversion disorder, which means the brain tries to escape from extreme stress. In most of the cases, from grief. It can be prevented by anxiolytics like benzodiazepines. Regards. For more information con...  Read Full »

I feel anxious and depressed following my husband's death. Please help me.

Query: Hi doctor, My current issues are depression and anxiety. Honestly, it all started when my husband passed on our son's 1st birthday. I have just let it build up and now I cannot control the way I feel. I cry over crazy things and I get mad over little things. I cannot sleep at night, because I have n...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry for your loss. It is common to develop severe anxiety and depression after any significant loss in life. Prolonged grief results in development of depression. Please try to keep yourself busy. Spend time in outdoors with your son and this will help to reduce t...  Read Full »