Grommets

I had grommets as a baby, and my ENT believe that I still had one in my left ear. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had grommets as a baby, and my old ENT believed that I still had one in my left ear. I have had ringing in my ears, and it is getting to the point where I cannot hear myself think sometimes. Should I see someone new about it?  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Grommet or ventilation tube insertion is done when there is a fluid accumulation behind the eardrum. The reason you would have had this as a child is probably due to adenoid hypertrophy causing eustachian tube dysfunction. Grommets depending on the type usually fall ...  Read Full »

Can tubes placed in ears cause pulsating tinnitus?

Query: Hello doctor, Can tubes placed in ears cause pulsating tinnitus? I never had this prior to the tubes. I was getting dizzy all the time. So, they placed tubes in my ears.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Grommets or ventilation tubes should not cause pulsatile tinnitus usually. Is your MRI normal? Can you share the report with me? Any other symptoms? Why were the tubes put in the first place?  Read Full »