Growth Hormone Therapy

Does HGH help you grow taller?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it possible to grow taller with HGH therapy? I am so extremely insecure about my height. I am 5'10" and I realize that is not that short. My past two girlfriends have broken up with me and mentioned my height as a reason. I realize it sounds ridiculous to other people, but I am worried...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Height is something that is determined by genes. Yes, there are medicines for increasing height, but it should be used only if you are found to be having growth hormone deficiency. I would want to ask you a few questions. What is your mother's and father's height? What wa...  Read Full »

Does a 11 year old require growth hormone therapy for height increase?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 11 years, weight 33 kg, height 134 cm, father's height 165 cm, mother's height 155 cm. The increment in height in the last 2 years was 4 cm/year. Does he need growth hormone therapy? What are the investigations needed?  Read Full »

Dr. Ravikiran M

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's height falls just below the 10th percentile of height for age (WHO standard). Given that your height (parents' height) is in low to mid normal range compared to the average height of the population at large, your son's height is not lagging behind that far. ...  Read Full »

Can knee and pelvic x-ray help to check, whether human growth hormone(HGH) will work for me?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have attached images of the latest x-ray imaging (attachment removed to protect user identity). I have taken this x-ray to determine my bone age, reason is that I had planned on using growth hormone therapy to help me grow taller. I was told that these bone age imaging of the wrist is...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hand x-ray for bone age is really meant for paediatric age determination (i.e, upto 12 years). You need to provide a few details to know if HGH will work for you or not. What is your current height? What is the height of your parents?  You really need the Risser's sign...  Read Full »

Will IGF-1 go down to normal after stopping growth hormone replacement therapy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old man who has used growth hormone replacement therapy, Somatropin, for a year to combat asthma. I made an error in my original dosing and now have learned I have been overdosing (approximately 20 mg per week). Three weeks ago, I started to feel fatigued. I could not c...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have used Somatropin without actually having any growth hormone deficiency. First of all please do not restart it at any cost. Secondly, visit a cardiologist for your symptoms as the major si...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine to correct height problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My cousin is 10 years old, but he is short for his age. His grandfather, father and sister are also short. Is there any medicine for growth or height problem that occurs due to hereditary?  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understood your concern. Your cousin of 10 years old is quite normal to have this much height. I have gone through the picture what you sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sometimes, low height will be genetic in nature. In 70 percentage ...  Read Full »

My 15 months old baby is only 5.5 kg. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to discuss regarding the medical issue of daughter with you. She is now 15 months old, but her weight is only 5.5 kg. According to doctors, all reports are clear except her growth hormone. She is not taking any medicine. I have attached her laboratory reports for your referen...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Rama Thute

Child Health Specialist, Lactation Counselor, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the medical records of your baby (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She looks to be a case of short stature and the reports are suggestive of growth hormone deficiency. I would like to know whether there is any family history of sho...  Read Full »