Q. I have a dull and constant gum pain in the upper front teeth. Why?

Dr. Bharat Joshi

I am a 69-year-old male. I am 6'0" and weigh 211 lbs. A couple of days ago, I began having a dull pain in my upper gum above one of my two front teeth. I was surprised because I take good care of my teeth, brushing twice a day and flossing once a day. Anyway, as I said, the pain is dull, and it is not constant, but just as I begin thinking the "issue" has passed, it comes on again.

#

I hope I can lessen your discomfort. I think this pain could be due to trauma from a foreign object during eating or during brushing (quite possible). I suggest you some medications. Please take them and then update me if no relief is there.

Trauma during food intake.

X-ray.

Inflamed papilla.

Medications:
Metrogyl (Metronidazole) gel twice a day topically over the gum.
Dologel (Choline Salicylate and Lidocaine) or Ora Heal (Choline Salicylate and Lidocaine) twice a day over gum for five days.

In addition you can take Chlorhexidine mouthwash twice a day for seven days (0.2 percent).

please go by instructions and update me if no relief is there after two days, since it is dull pain so I am not prescribing any systemic analgesics and antibiotics.

I will follow all your advice, and I will let you know in a couple of days.

#

You are most welcome.

Please do let me know if no relief is there.

After 2 to 3 days.

|