Q. My gums are inflamed with pain while biting. Please help.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

My teeth and gums get painful when I bite something. I think my gums are inflamed. What should I do to lessen the inflammation in my gums and teeth? It hurts so bad, and it is there for the past four days.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

I went through your query and understood your concern.

Kindly let me know, is there any history of a forceful bite upon and hard food that initiate the pain? Generally, a fractured tooth shows these kinds of symptoms. Upon biting, the fractured tooth gets pressurized and gets apart initiating the pain. Upon releasing the pressure (not chewing) the pain goes away. If that is the case, it needs extraction. Upload me an image of the tooth and I will assist immediately.

Otherwise, it might be caries (fillings and root canal are done, depending on the extent of caries). Inflammed gums are due to gingivitis. You need scaling to clean the plaque and tartar buildup.

I would advise you to kindly follow these medications:

Capsule Sporidex 500 mg (Cephalexin 500 mg) one capsule BD for five days, tablet Zerodol SP (Aceclofenac + Paracetamol + Serratiopeptidase)one tablet BD for five days, capsule Pan D (Pantoprazole + Domperidone) one capsule BD before meals for five days, and Betadine mouthwash (Povidone iodine 2%) gargle in lukewarm water twice or thrice daily.

Avoid sticky or chilled or sweet food as much possible. Take a semiliquid diet that involved minimun chewing. (Medications are by far safest. If any history of asthma kindly avoid Zerodol SP and replace it with Plain Paracetamol 500 mg). I will be waiting for your image kindly upload it soon.

Suspected fractured tooth upon forceful biting on hard food items. Or can be a caries. I need an image of the area to confirm.

|