Q. What can be done for hair loss, graying hair, dandruff, and baldness?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

I am suffering from hair loss, graying hair, dandruff, baldness since last five years. I am also suffering from constipation and gas problem.

Do you have a question on Hair Loss or Dandruff?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

B.SC. ., B.A.M.S.., M.D.(AYURVEDA)., C.C.Y.P

There are several causes for hair loss and premature graying of hair. Changed food habits and life styles, excessive use of different kinds of shampoo and conditioner, hereditary are the major causes. You can prevent them somewhat after changing your food habits and lifestyles.

You should apply Keral Neelibhhringadi oil to hair root and do gentle massage with the fingertip for 10 minutes daily at night and wash it with fresh water or Shikakai powder in the morning. It helps to resolve your issues.
For constipation, take Panchasakara Churna 3 gm twice a day with warm water after meals.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
Quit smoking and drinking, if you have these habits.
Drink plenty of water.
Do regular kapalbhati, Mandukasana and Ardhamatsyendrasana as well as pranayana like anuloma vilom, nadi sodhan and bhramari.

Also Read Answers From: Hair Loss Dandruff Graying Of Hair

Please suggest ayurvedic treatment for dandruff and hair fall.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My weight is 58 kg and height is 5'6". My problems are gray hair and hair fall. I have an allergy to dust, perfume, and smoke. Sometimes, I have breathing problem and cough in early morning, I am working in shift. I am suffering with constipation too. My blood su...  Read Full >>
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The main reason for premature graying of hairs and hair fall is stress due to rotation shift. So, try to fix your shift. Take hair nourishing food like raisin, dates, fig, curry leaves and spinach. Avoid curd and pickle. Try to reduce your salt intake.Take Triphala Churna...  Read Full >>

Hair Loss (Alopecia Areata) Cure Through Homoeopathy
Article Overview: Homeopathic treatment for alopecia areata is reasonably successful. Homeopathic medicines try to cure the immune system disorder that is responsible for hair loss.  Read Article »
Dr. Priyanka M Arora
Homeopathic Physician

What Is Alopecia Areata? Alopecia areata is a condition where there is hair loss that affects typically the scalp, beard, eyebrows etc in oval or circular patches. Alopecia areata is a common skin disorder which affects all races, both genders and typically younger age groups. In some cases total ...  Read Article >>
Is my hair fall due to shampooing daily and dandruff?
Query: Hello doctor,I have had a dandruff problem for very long. So, I started shampooing my hair every day. Even then skipping even a single day of shampooing leaves my hair full of dirt and makes it completely oily. And an itchy scalp is always there no matter what I do. I have started losing a lot of ha...  Read Full >>
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have told, you have a dandruff problem and oily scalp that is seborrheic dermatitis which can be mild or can be severe. And yes hair can fall due to dandruff problem. I will suggest a few things for this. For proper hair growth ensure proper diet with Vitamins...  Read Full >>

Ask a Doctor Now