Q. My hair has been thinning for years. What is causing it?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2021

I am a 35 year old girl, and my hair has been thinning for years. Now, it looks like male pattern baldness. It is so embarrassing. I need to find out what is going on. It is not genetic and I am overweight. I do not know what is causing it.

#

• For now, I suggest you apply Hair 4U lotion (Minoxidil) 5% over the bald area and massage in the night.
  • Also, I suggest tablet Follihair multivitamin once in a day for two months regularly. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

Please revert to me with all your reports.

Revert with reports to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|