Q. Why am I getting some white fluid from the infected part of finger?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 21 year old female. I have been getting white fluid from the infected part of my finger. I do not know how it got infected. I have this for the last one month. I used antibacterial ointments, but still it is not getting healed rather it is getting more and peeling away.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• Do you wear rings on that finger or used to wear before? Please send the image of that finger.
  • Do you have any itching problem in other parts of the body or similar lesion?
  • Please tell me the name of the ointment you used before.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

No, I am not wearing any ring on that finger. I used Fluticasone cream IP. No, I do not have any other itching problem.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• It is hand eczema (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Avoid contact with detergent.
  • Use Momate-F (Mometasone furoate and Fusidic acid) cream twice daily or Diprovate-G (Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulfate) cream twice daily.
  • Olesoft cream or Aquasoft Max cream (moisturizers) apply twice a day for 15 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.
  • Follow up after two to three weeks, if symptoms still persist.

Revert back after two weeks to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Please help with itchy red rashes on the thigh.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a problem with dry skin and rashes. I have a history of atopic eczema on the neck for which I am applying Flutivate cream. 4 weeks back some red rashes started coming up with itching. I thought it is because of dry skin, so I applied coconut oil and moisturizer. The redness ha...  Read Full »

Please suggest tips for very dry skin.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20 year old female. I have too much dry skin. I mean extra dry skin. I use almond oil and moisturizing soap, but it is not effective.  Read Full »

Can Nasonex and Zyrtec be used for sinus block?

Query: Hi doctor, I found that my nose was blocked. The doctor diagnosed it as sinus block. I first took Otrivin drops and Moxiflox (antibiotic). As there is no improvement, I am taking Nasonex and Zyrtec. Please give your opinion.  Read Full »