Q. I have stopped diabetes medicines for six months but HbA1c is 7. 4 now. Please advise.

Dr. Makwana Tanvi Ghanshyambhai

My serum creatinine is 1.88 and triglycerides serum 454, I am diabetic my HbA1c is 7.4 but I have stopped the medicine for six months and following a strict diet and exercise. Please suggest.

#

How many years of diabetes? Any ongoing kidney issue?

With creatinine 1.88, you need to revise your diabetic medicines and make sure that it does not lead to an advanced level of kidney issues like diabetic nephrology.

If you are not on medicine than you need to restart as improving sugar and cholesterol will slow down the kidney damage process.

For more information consult a diabetologist online---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

I am ready to start the medicine but is there any serious matter to worry

#

Yes, you need to start medicine.

Right now, I do see some early damage to your kidney. Our aim is to stop further damage that will happen with good blood sugar control.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|