Q. I have pain on touch 33 hours after head injury in a road accident. Is it normal?

Dr. J. Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
and medically reviewed by Dr.Sowmiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jan 11, 2022

I bumped my head on the road in an accident 33 years ago. The right side of my head got swollen up. I did not have nausea or vomiting. I safely drove back home. I have no coordination or concentration issues. My vision is normal, and all the senses are working normally. The swelling and the intensity have also reduced much. But since then, I am having pain when I touch that point on my head. Also, the left side of my neck hurts when I move it or exert pressure over it. I took three doses of painkillers given by the doctor. Is this pain on touch normal?

#

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

These symptoms after a head injury require an evaluation by a neurosurgeon right away.

1. Fits.

2. Headache.

3. Vomiting.

4. Dizziness.

5. Giddiness.

6. Double vision.

7. The blurring of vision.

8. Numbness.

7. Weakness.

8. Bleeding from the nose.

9. Bleeding from ears.

10. Bleeding from the throat.

11. Neck pain.

12. Loss of consciousness.

Of this, you have pain at the site of injury and neck pain. So, please consult a neurosurgeon in person at the earliest.

|