Q. I hit the side of my head and it feels sore even when I chew. Please help.

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I fell last Friday night and hit the side of my head and resulted in a big bump. No vomiting, loss of consciousness, etc. But my head is sore even when I chew. Please help.

#

Can you please send a picture of the bump you have so that I will check and let you know? Which side of the head you have goose? Nothing to worry about if there was no vomiting or pain. But as you mentioned, you have pain while you chew, so I suggest you take tablet Diclofenac 50 mg once a day after meal for three days.

I have attached the picture. It is on my right side above my ear area.

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see the accumulation of blood there. If the force was not hard enough,

then there will not be any fracture, and you do not have other symptoms such as bleeding from the ear or anything.

Please apply Beclomethasone ointment on it two to three times a day for five days, and take tablet Diclofenac 50 mg once after meal for five days. And will see your condition on follow up after five days.

Is the swelling after injury the same or reduced? Do you have swelling inside the mouth too? Did any blood come from your ear? Is there any constant headache or nausea? How hard was the force?

No blood from the ear or nausea. I have a headache on that side. No swelling in the mouth. I fell back on the shower, and the swelling remains the same.

#

Please take medicine as I prescribed and if you develop any other symptoms or anything else, let me know. On follow-up after five days will check your condition.

|