Q. My daughter got a hit in forehead and complaining about headache and nausea. What to do?

Dr. Vidhu Varshney
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 17, 2019

My 2-year-old threw a book on my 10-year-old, and the corner of the book hit the 10-year-old in the head. It felt like there was a small hole, but there was no pain. This happened four months before. Now it feels like an opening or cracks is going down my 10-year old's forehead. It is as if the impact created a break that extends down towards her left eye.

There has been no pain. In the past two days, she has been complaining about a headache and nausea, and I am now worried. I can take her to a chiropractor only after two weeks. Please assist because I am afraid. Not sure what to do? Should I treat this as an emergency or wait for two weeks.

Dr. Vidhu Varshney

Physiotherapy
#

Yes, this needs proper care and investigation and should be treated in an emergency. It seems to be a head injury, as the symptoms are increasing and pain killer is not much relieving, there is no sense of having nasogastric medicine as such without CT scan.

Hit or injury.

CT scan.

First, go for a CT scan. Start medication as soon as possible to prevent further damage.

Lie down with little raised head.

What is the treatment for head injury with a blood clot?

Query: Hello doctor, My cousin suffered a massive blow to his head, which resulted in a terrible injury above his ears which extends to the back of his head. He is not responding, but he can breathe on his own, and his body is responding to commands. The doctors said that there is a blood clot in the injur...  Read Full »

Can a CT scan miss appendicitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was in an emergency last night because of 48 hours of pain that moved to my right lower abdomen. Also, I am not eating, and I have severe diarrhea if I do. They said my white blood cells were a bit elevated. The CT scan without contrast did not show an inflamed appendix. Now it is the...  Read Full »

Do you think my head injury is a critical one?

Query: Hi doctor, My head got injured after some part of a concrete ceiling collapse. CT Scan done and I have attached the reports. I was hospitalized three days. An ENT opinion was taken and also, an audiometry was done. It showed a minor injury in the right ear and less audibility. Now, I have some pa...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now