Head Lice Infestation

Why is my 6 year old daughter experiencing diffuse hair loss?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old daughter has been experiencing diffuse hair loss from the past few weeks. The hair loss is at least double than normal, in the 200 range, and it falls extremely easy from her head. It is not patchy and I can find no bald spots, her scalp looks healthy. So far, the loss is...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it appears that your child's hair loss is because of acute telogen effluvium. This is an acute condition, wherein any radical change in the health condition of the person leads to insult to the scalp hair, causing a shift in the hair cycle from the gr...  Read Full »

I found lice in my sister's hair. How do I ensure they are gone?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister is 16 years old. I found lice in her hair a few days ago. For two nights, she applied butter in her hair while she slept. I then combed through her hair with a flea comb twice a day. She washed everything in vinegar at a high temperature. I have not seen any today on her h...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. From your description, she seems to have pediculosis, that is head lice infestation. She should maintain a very good hygiene and make sure that no other body parts like axillae (armpits), and groin are involved. The most effective medication in ...  Read Full »

My kids have missed several days of school due to head lice. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My kids have missed several days of school due to head lice. We have been fighting it for a while, and I do not want to get into trouble for the kids missing school. How can I get rid of the head lice once and for all? I have done the shampoos and the cleaning routine. What else can I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ediberto Cordero

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very common to get head lice in stages of childhood and adolescence. It mainly spreads by contact with other children in school. So, it is very likely that other children also have head lice and should also be evaluated and treated to eliminate the problem. Do no...  Read Full »

My daughter has hair fall and lice. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6 years old. All of a sudden, she has hair fall. I then noticed that she has lice eggs on her scalp. How to avoid the lice and hair fall? Please give me some suggestions.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Head lice is a probable cause for hair loss. You can apply Permethrin cream rinse 1 %, which will be available over the counter. Prior to application, wash hair with a conditioner-free shampoo, rinse with water and towel dry. Apply a sufficient amount of cream rinse to...  Read Full »