Q. After lying on stomach for 20 minutes, I get most intense headache. Is this brain aneurysm?

Dr. Upendra K Shah

I was lying on my stomach for about 20 minutes. When I moved to a seated position, I get the most intense painful headache of my life. It was in both my temples and lasted about a minute. Should I worry it is a brain aneurysm?

#

This pain seems to be due to vasospasm, unlikely to be aneurysmal bleed pain, if it was aneurysm it should have continued for a long duration. I have another set of questions, please answer them.

Is this first ever headache of this kind? Was there nausea, vomiting, and dizziness? Was there any blurring of vision? Are the temples painful on touching? Is there any weakness in limbs or double vision?

| 

What is vasospasm? I have a little bit of nausea after but it went away. Yes, this is the first headache of this kind ever. No pain in temples now and everything else is fine. Could it have been positional or a type of head rush headache?

#

Vasospasm is the constriction of blood vessels, which is usually seen in migraine headaches. This could be a benign headache since it lasted for just minutes and there were no additional features.

This headache cannot be classified in any type of headache, at this moment and I do not see any reason to be concerned. I recommend you to monitor and follow up for the symptoms. Meanwhile, please get an appointment with your doctor, and direct communication may give some clue for the possible reason.

| 

Today, I have had headache over the right eye and I think it could be sinus related as I have allergies. Additionally, I keep yawning constantly but have had adequate sleep and I am not tired. Out of curiosity does aneurysm pain affect both sides of temples or just one? I think it may be sinus related but no idea why I keep yawning with it. Can yawns be linked to headaches?

#

Sinus related headache is possible as you said. Excessive yawning may be due to headaches or maybe drug induced since you are on Clomipramine.

Aneurysm pain usually starts from one place then build up and affects both sides or affects the whole head gradually over 1 hour. It can start abruptly all over the head but it will never be just for minutes.

Excessive yawn and headache, one possibility I can think of maybe drug induced or starting of primary headache such as migraine which is in the evolving phase.

| 

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

How can I cure muscle spasms and pain in back, neck and leg?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41-year-old male. I have been experiencing muscle spasms and pain in the back, neck, and leg since 10 years intermittently. I am currently undergoing physical therapy and chiropractic. However, I wanted to consult from a naturopathic perspective on what can be the root cause of...  Read Full »

What can be done for post-ejaculation muscle spasms and nerve irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been struggling with chronic prostatitis or CPPS for the past five months. A big issue I have been having is the post-ejaculation muscle spasms or nerve irritation. I am currently in physical therapy to work out the muscle tension or spasms and hoping that helps with the nerve irr...  Read Full »