Q. Give me a good solution for headache and dizziness in elderly?

Dr. Rupali Satija

My mother is very ill for three days. She has headache which hurts her very badly. She also has dizziness. Kindly give me a good solution for this problem. Thank you.

#

Welcome to icliniq.

I am sorry to hear about the condition of your mother. The problem of headache can occur due to many reasons. It is necessary to check her blood pressure and her eyesight first. If any of the one is abnormal, it is good to treat them accordingly. If there is a history of migraine and if the headache is because of it, you can give her tab Naxdom 500 once or twice a day. If it is severe, you can give tablet Headset once or twice a day provided that she does not have a history of heart disease. If the problem gets relieved, you need to rule out the cause of migraine and the triggering agent. It can occur due to stress, noise, sunlight and due to empty stomach. So, she needs to avoid these triggering agents. If, she gets these headaches quite often, then she needs to take regular medication to treat the problem of headache. If the headache occurs due to cold and due to seasonal changes, she can take tablet Paracetamol 625 mg three times a day and it gets settled in a day or two. Please give a follow up after three days to know her condition. I hope that this helped you.

| 

What could be the reason for sweaty palms and feet with nausea and headache every morning?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 51 years old. I am having sweaty palms and feet every morning. I also feel nausea and headaches. What is the cause of this?  Read Full »

Worst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!

Article Overview: A ruptured brain aneurysm is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options. Read Article

Dr. Saurabh Joshi

This is a medical condition in which one of the arteries of the brain develops a weakened area that balloons out, like an inflated balloon. This can burst and result in bleeding within the brain. What Are the Symptoms of An Aneurysm? An unruptured aneurysm may not cause any symptoms. Some symptoms...  Read Article

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»