Q. I always get headache when I study or work. Please help.

Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero

I am 17 years old, and I always get a headache when I am studying or when I am using my mind at any work. So I am unable to study more. Please help me.

#

It can be a tension headache or a migraine. In a tension-type headache, the pain is in whole head, in a migraine, the pain is in one half of the head, with intolerance to light and noise. When having pain at night causing insomnia, pain that increases a lot with a cough or defecation, when having excessive drowsiness, alternations in walking, alteration in vision or mobility of arms and legs, and when having a rigid neck also needs attention. If you have these following symptoms, you have to consult a doctor soon.

If you do not have any of these suspicious symptoms, then it can be a tension headache or a migraine. Both these problems can be treated with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Take Ibuprofen 500 mg three times a day, Naproxen 500 mg three times a day and Diclofenac 50 mg three times a day.

|