Q. I always get headache when I study or work. Please help.

Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero
Published on Oct 15, 2018

I am 17 years old, and I always get a headache when I am studying or when I am using my mind at any work. So I am unable to study more. Please help me.

Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

It can be a tension headache or a migraine. In a tension-type headache, the pain is in whole head, in a migraine, the pain is in one half of the head, with intolerance to light and noise. When having pain at night causing insomnia, pain that increases a lot with a cough or defecation, when having excessive drowsiness, alternations in walking, alteration in vision or mobility of arms and legs, and when having a rigid neck also needs attention. If you have these following symptoms, you have to consult a doctor soon.

If you do not have any of these suspicious symptoms, then it can be a tension headache or a migraine. Both these problems can be treated with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Take Ibuprofen 500 mg three times a day, Naproxen 500 mg three times a day and Diclofenac 50 mg three times a day.

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

My migraine has been getting worse of late. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old female. I have always suffered from migraines. Recently, it seems like it has been getting worse. Last year, I gave birth to my son vaginally. Now, when I lay on my abdomen or even turn my head, I notice a heartbeat sound in my ear. My nurse practitioner thought it ...  Read Full »

Can a migraine and a tension-type headache coexist?

Query: Hello doctor, In short, I have a baby who is now 9 months old. I have started having a visual aura (fortification spectrum) and migraine around two months ago. The aura was almost always on the left side of the vision and the headache (which was quite mild), was on the right side of my head, at the ...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now