Q. I get headaches almost every day with dizziness and blurred vision. Please help.

Dr. Sanya Dhingra
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 30, 2020

Headaches becoming more frequent almost everyday, recently started becoming dizzy, light headed, shaky with blurred vision not all the time comes randomly. Sometimes lose slight mobility in my left hand can’t close it properly usually goes away within a few minutes. Symptoms seem to be worse a few days before I get my period ( only get it once every 3 months) the time before last I had a large bruise on my stomach which was there for 5 days but randomly disappeared the day I got my period. And the last times e I randomly started puking for 2 days before then it subsided when I got my period I commonly wake up feeling nauseous have for about a year. I have also noticed large mood swings.

#

Hello.

Greetings from icliniq.

I understand your concern . Tension headache is the most common headache that occurs . At your age , i understand that there are multiple stresses , and it sometimes becomes difficult to deal with them . But my advice to you would be to avoid any stress . Apart from that if you cannot bear light or tolerate sound, the headache is sudden and you have aura with vomiting , you must keep in mind the possibility of migraine .

Migraine can be severe at times and needs proper medications . To avoid this headache , you have to avoid anything that triggers it . Having a bruise on the stomach or thigh is kinda normal before periods . Incase you have bloating and cramps and you feel nauseous , i would suggest you to drink lots of water , avoid caffeine and avoid foods that cause bloating . Eat foods that are dry and take short frequent meals . I hope this helps.

1. Plain MRI brain ( not required immediately, but whenever possible you must get it done for headache)

Tablet paracetamol (1 gram) (one time in a day) - whenever you get headache which is severe .

| 

My sister has a headache that does not subside with pain medications. Please help.

Query: Hello, My sister has headaches from the last six months. Earlier, it was random, but from the last two months, it is continuous. The MRI is normal and no medicines are working. Please help.  Read Full »

Why am I having dizziness and blackout with swollen throat?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of days now I have been ill and the symptoms are getting worse. First, it started off with a swollen throat (which I still have but is not as bad) which gives me a phlegm cough but has reduced. I constantly have dizziness and blackouts with pulsating sensations not only g...  Read Full »

I get dizziness when I look up or get up. What is causing this?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been getting bouts of confusion, dizziness (when looking up and sometimes when getting up), headaches, pulses, and pressure in my head and what I can only explain as brain fog (during these episodes, I find that my problem solving and my cognitive function is diminished). The epi...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»