Q. I get headaches when I go out in the sun. Please suggest some ayurvedic cure.

Dr. Alka

Hello doctor,

I get headaches, especially when I wash my hair or when I go out in the sun. The climate is really hot here, and I stay indoors. But, I still get headaches, and my nose also pains a bit. I cannot stop washing my hair because of this. Please help.

#

• The symptoms you have mentioned here are indicating towards a migraine headache. However, no diagnostic test can surely rule out a migraine. Its diagnosis is mainly based on the symptoms.
  • In a migraine, there is no definite pain, and pain occurs at any time. Some people say that a migraine usually occurs on one side of the head, and is accompanied by nausea and vomiting, but this is not true in all cases. The pain can be all over the head, and other symptoms might be present or absent.
  • I suggest you try doing the following.
  1. Wear sunglasses, cover your head with a scarf, and use an umbrella, whenever you go out in the sun.
  2. Before going outside, always drink one glass of water, it will keep you hydrated and will help you.
  3. You can take sandalwood oil and massage your scalp a night before washing your hair. 
  4. Avoid excessive intake of tea, coffee, and caffeinated drinks.
  5. Some foods also increase the problem of headaches, so avoid those.
  6. Avoid using perfumes, deodorant sprays, etc., as strong smell may exaggerate the problem.
  7. Avoid stress, anxiety, and loud noises.
  8. Follow a particular sleep pattern, I mean try to sleep daily around the same time.
  9. If possible, try to avoid mobile, television, laptop, etc., an hour before sleep, as these emit blue light, which hinders normal sleep pattern and also promotes headaches.
  10. Pranayam is helpful in headaches. So, if you can spare 5 to 10 minutes, then practice it daily.
  • In medications, I suggest you try taking the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.
  1. Pathyadi Kwath, 15 to 20 ml with an equal amount of water, twice a day for six weeks.
  2. Godanti Bhasma 250 mg with water, twice a day for four to six weeks. It is an ayurvedic painkiller.
  3. Shir Shuladi Vajra Ras, two tablets twice a day with water for four to six weeks. This ayurvedic medicine is also a painkiller and is used in headaches of various etiology. If you find it tedious to take multiple medicines, then you can take only one of these two painkillers or can take two of them for one month.
  4. Kamdudha Ras 250 mg, twice a day with water for four to six weeks. It will help in cooling you down internally.
  5. Take Anu taila and put one drop of this oil in each nostril once a day for one month.
  6. Take powder of sandalwood, camphor, and Jatamansi, and.mix all in equal amount and add water or rose water and apply this paste on the forehead while you have a headache.
  7. Take one teaspoon of coriander powder and add it in one cup of water, and keep it for a night. Drink it early in the morning, on an empty stomach. 
  • If you are taking allopathic medicine, then take above medicine along with that, after consulting your physician. However, for a migraine, there is no curative treatment. It can only be avoided with the help of medicines and lifestyle changes, and sometimes the headache may not disturb you for so long and sometimes may trouble you often, so follow a healthy way of life.
  • Also, stop these medicines during your periods. You can start them after the period gets over.

I hope you are satisfied with my answer.

For further queries consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|