Q. I have episodes of headaches, nausea, and eye pain. Is it a nerve problem?

Dr. Prakashkumar P.Bhatt
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 23, 2020

Hi I am writing this because lately I have been having some issues lately related to my health and I was hoping to get some answers, advice and help because I want to stop the problem from getting worse and start getting better and i am a male and I’m 22 years old. Now one of the symptoms I’ve been having are headaches like they would happen imma say every couple days like it comes and goes like now I don't have a headache at the moment. Second symptom I had was nausea and I had it yesterday for a short period of time but I managed to eat something and I don’t have it right now currently. Other symptoms I’ve been experiencing to like eye pain to that comes and goes but mainly in my left eye like twitching and tingling to,Little loss of balance when I get up out the bed I guess from resting for a certain period of time like now my balance is fine now but I have this Cold feeling in forehead and lips now which is new to me I never had it before so it's happening right now but yea and Little tingling feeling in throat And Tingling in private area that comes and goes. I was wondering if a neurologist can help me out here because I’m wondering if this is a nerve problem and how serious this is. Please

Dr. Prakashkumar P.Bhatt

General Medicine Internal Medicine Neurology
#

Hi ,

Welcome to Icliniq,

I have analysed your complaints. You are suffering from Episodes of headache with nausea , which are not present every day. also having left eye pain and twisting with tingling, imbalance while getting up, tingling in throat and over genitals, coldness over forehead ...

I would like to suggest to do some routine blood investigation tests and this symptoms seems like vitamin B12 deficiency or hypothyroidism.

Are you Vegetarian? any history of weight gain, constipation? is there any addiction of alcohol or drugs ?

please check your CBC Serum electrolytes(Na, K, Cl, Ca, Mg) S.Vitamin B12 level Thyroid profile

| 
Hi doctor and oh ok but as far as vitamin b12 defiency if that is the problem what foods can I eat that can help with that cause I have in fact started drinking this juice that supports with the vitamin b12 and other vitamins as well. As far as me being vegetarian no but I have been eating like healthy foods and stuff like that like I rarely eat sugary foods and more so healthy foods like vegetables, turkey burgers, salmon, grilled chicken, canned tuna, green peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, brown rice and stuff like that. As far as weight gain is concerned not history of weight gain and no use of alcohol or drugs at all. Also, doc when I look up the symptoms it was most directly towards nerve problems to so if the vitamin b12 is not the problem then could my nerves be the problem ?because I feel the tingling and it’s more than one part of the body like it switches and sometimes happen combined and stuff

Dr. Prakashkumar P.Bhatt

#

No, Nerves itself not a primary problem, tingling us due to nerves irritation but for that some cause should be there , like deficiency of Vitamins or like hypothyroidism and high blood sugar level etc

and your Tingling is not persistent at one site , it's site changing so there is chance of vitamins deficiency likely. But still I would suggest to do above investigations if possible because

Your dietary pattern and contents seems satisfactory.

So as per me, there is no primary nerve problem , it's appears some benign condition. Regards

| 

Worst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!

Article Overview: A ruptured brain aneurysm is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options. Read Article

Dr. Saurabh Joshi

This is a medical condition in which one of the arteries of the brain develops a weakened area that balloons out, like an inflated balloon. This can burst and result in bleeding within the brain. What Are the Symptoms of An Aneurysm? An unruptured aneurysm may not cause any symptoms. Some symptoms...  Read Article

Is Bimatoprost helpful in optical nerve damage without cataract?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother, is 76 years old, currently suffering from low, blurry vision (both near sight and far sight). Her BP, sugar, and thyroid are normal. A year before, she was critically suffered from urosepsis with AKI, DM II, pleural effusion, etc. but recovered. Though she has the first sta...  Read Full »

Lyrica is not helping to manage chronic nerve damage. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe chronic nerve damage pain in my right elbow and arm. I am having issues with nerve damage, Lyrica has stopped working, I take 150 mg in morning and 300 mg at night. Still not helping. I feel like I am getting worse. Struggling to hold things, pain in right arm and elbow,...  Read Full »