Q. I have episodes of headaches, nausea, and eye pain. Is it a nerve problem?

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 09, 2021

I am a 22-year-old male. I have headaches for a couple of days. It comes and goes on and off. I had nausea for a short period of time yesterday. I managed it by taking some food. Sometimes I have on and off eye pain. My left eye has twitching and tingling. I have a slight imbalance while getting out of my bed. I have a cold feeling on my forehead and lips. I never had these symptoms before and it is happening now. I have a slight tingling feeling in my throat with tingling in my private area on and off. I am willing to get advice from a neurologist and say whether I have any nerve problems.

#

You are suffering from episodes of headache with nausea that is not present every day. You also have left eye pain with twisting and tingling. You have an imbalance in the body while getting up with tingling in the throat and genitals. You have coldness over your forehead. I suggest you do some routine blood investigations and these symptoms can occur due to vitamin B12 deficiency or hypothyroidism. Please mention whether you are a vegetarian. Please mention whether you have a history of weight gain and constipation. Please mention whether you have a habit of alcohol drinking. You need to do CBC (complete blood count) with serum electrolytes, vitamin B12, and thyroid profile.

What are the foods to be taken for vitamin B12 deficiency? I have started drinking juices that support vitamin B12 and other vitamins. I am vegetarian and I am eating healthy foods. Rarely, I take sugary foods with healthy foods like vegetables, turkey burgers, salmon, grilled chicken, canned tuna, green peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, brown rice, and stuff. I do not have any weight gain and I do not drink alcohol or other habits. I have tingling on and off in my body.

#

Tingling occurs due to nerve irritation. It often occurs due to deficiency of vitamins or hypothyroidism and high blood sugar level. I suggest you do the above-mentioned investigations. Your dietary pattern and contents seem satisfactory. You seem to have a benign problem.

|