Please give me your opinion regarding my CT scan.

Q. May I know your opinion regarding my CT scan?

Dr. J. Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 01, 2023

One year ago, the patient had seizure and fits. I have attached the preliminary observation report, which was done by a neurologist. Then, we started the medication as per the prescription. During the course, the patient reported intermittent light headache. A week before, the patient had a severe headache with vomiting. The computed tomography (CT) scan has been done and the latest observation is also attached. Tomorrow, we are going to have an magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). May I know your opinion?

#

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. The latest computed tomography (CT) scan done shows amass lesion in the right parietal lobe. To find out the nature of this mass and to decide the course of treatment, we need to do an magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). If the mass turns out to be venous infarct, then that can be managed with medical management. But, if the mass turns out to be a tumor, then surgery may be needed. After the MRI report has been received, please upload it to get the final opinion.

|