Q. May I know your opinion regarding my CT scan?

Dr. J. Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 04, 2020

One year ago, the patient had seizure and fits. I have attached the preliminary observation report, which was done by a neurologist. Then, we started the medication as per the prescription. During the course, the patient reported intermittent light headache. A week before, the patient had a severe headache with vomiting. The CT scan has been done and the latest observation is also attached. Tomorrow, we are going to have an MRI. May I know your opinion?

#

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

• The latest CT scan done shows a mass lesion in the right parietal lobe. To find out the nature of this mass and to decide the course of treatment, we need to do an MRI.
  • If the mass turns out to be venous infarct, then that can be managed with medical management. But, if the mass turns out to be a tumor, then surgery may be needed.
  • After the MRI report has been received, please upload it to get the final opinion.

Revert back with an MRI report to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|