Q. My mom is suffering from headache which causes high blood pressure. What is her problem?

Dr. Chhel Narayan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 08, 2020

My mom is suffering from a headache which we do not know the cause or solution and this is really getting out of normal. She nurture this headache like almost every day, she never for once feel completely fine for a couple of years.

Now let me list out the symptoms. The headache do cause her high blood pressure and medicine is recommended for that Aldocure. She is 47 years old and has stopped menstruating for a year now (anytime the period was supposed to come it do make the headache worsen that no drug can suppress it). The doctor here in my country recommends Cafergot tablet for the headache but the result is still the same. For high blood pressure, it happens after she has straight four days of severe headache. Please help.

Dr. Chhel Narayan

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

You have told me that your mother has the constant headache since a couple of years. I would like to ask you that is it sure that your mother's height is 2 feet. I am a little bit confused. Your doctor prescribed good medicine according to the condition. The best treatment in the case of hemicrania continua, Indomethacin is a good choice.

You can take capsule Indomethacin 25 mg twice a day.

Migraine. High BP.

MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).

NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).

Lower salt intake.

| 

She is 5 feet and should we worry about the stop of menstruation because she was one family planning since 2013 and terminated it last year January?

Dr. Chhel Narayan

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Welcome back toicliniq.com.

You are requested to take the following medicines:

1. Capsule Indocin 25 mg twice daily.

2. Capsule Omepraz 20 mg twice daily before meals.

3. Tablet Wysolone (Prednisolone) 10 mg two tablets once a week.

4. Tablet FOL 5 mg three tablets thrice a week.

5. Tablet Amlodipine 5 mg once daily.

6. Levosiz (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) once daily.

After the age of 45 menopause occurs.

|