Q. My son gets headache often. Why?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

My son is five years old now. He was having a partial obstruction issue when he was three years old. It got cleared without a surgery. He has never complained to us about a stomach pain or any difficulty in the stomach. But he does not have a weight gain. He is 16 kilograms now. He is very active. But he starts to have sweating within a minute when compared to others. He gets a headache when he sits under an AC, or he gets cold. He had mothers milk only for 40 days. Later he took regular powdered milk. As parents, these things concern us a little bit. Please advice.

#

Your child's weight is fine for his age. There is nothing to worry. Give him a balanced, nutritious diet regularly. A headache during cold is a common association. It goes away after a resolution of cold. If it is persistent, then there is a need to worry. Some kids sweat more due to the anxiety situations they face.

He passes stools for about two to three times daily, within a few minutes after having a meal. He gets fever and cold very soon. Do I need to give him any supplement? Please suggest.

#

Passing stools soon after taking food would resolve with age. Similarly, having a cold frequently is always present till seven to eight years of age. There is no need to give special supplemented foods. Give him all kinds of foodstuff like meat, and eggs. Give fruits and vegetables every day.

|