I have had a crippling headache for two days now and nothing seems to help. It starts late morning and gets worse throughout the day. I just want to know what I should do. I am 21, 5'8", female, around 160 pounds.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Headache has numerous causes. And according to your presentation, I am going to list some of the causes that could be the reason for what you experience. Please, reflect them to your case.
1. Beginning of acute upper respiratory tract infection, in case you show other signs including runny nose, cough, sore throat or others of cold and flu symptoms.
2. Frontal headache can be due to paranasal sinus inflammation which is part of cold and flu symptoms or part of long-term inflammation.
3. Stress, lack of sleep, anxiety or bad mood.
4. Bad sleeping position (for the neck) or uncomfortable pillow (usually comes in the morning and back of neck and head but can be in the front as well).
5. Anemia (commonly iron deficiency anemia, specially if you are having the monthly period these days).
6. PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome) few days before monthly period.
7. Frontal headache can come with disturbed visual acuity (you might need to visit ophthalmologist for eye test) especially if have concomitant blurring of vision.
8. Head trauma, in case you experienced that before the beginning of that headache.
9. Diabetes mellitus type 2.
10. Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose) in case you are not following appropriate diet or not eating well.
11. Vitamin D deficiency (but usually for long term headache with other symptoms).
I will list some of the investigations to do and medicines to take (for a few days).
FBS (requires fasting 8 to 10 hours), HbA1c, complete blood count, Fe studies.Treatment plan:
Naproxen 500 mg tablets one tablet per 12 hours after meals for 3 to 5 days, as needed.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old female. I have aches in my limbs and thighs especially at night. It is often characterized by heaviness in limbs. I am getting headache chiefly in left side of the head. I am taking painkiller at least once in a week for the same. I am taking Newtel 40 mg for blood pres... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, My now 18-year-old son fell from a height 14 years ago. He got a minor injury. I consulted a neurologist for a CT scan just for my satisfaction. But, the doctor said no he is absolutely fine. I am still worried whether in future he will suffer from a brain tumor be... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Neurologist Now