Q. What kinds of pain need immediate attention?

Dr. Sugandh Garg
Published on Aug 11, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

What are the common pains that should not be ignored because they may signal bigger health issues?

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Toxicology
#

Headache- Rule out eye and retina and CT head to rule out any internal illness.

Body ache bony pains- Rule out calcium and D3 deficit.

Abdominal pain acute or chronic must be investigated, examined and treated and not taken OTC pain killers as they can temporarily suppress the pain. I had a case where she complained of chronic off and on pain around umbilicus and kept taking pain killers from pharmacy locally and when she came to me and I got her USD, it showed ruptured appendix.

I have abdominal pain with watery stool. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the following symptoms. Abdominal pain, starting from yesterday night. Had instant noodle and two eggs for the meal last night. At first, it was severe pain and strange sound in the intestine and could not poop. And then I had diarrhea and poop water. Hardly slept last night du...  Read Full »

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain and diarrhea thrice a day. What is wrong?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from abdominal pain and diarrhea three to four times a day for the last four months. I have gone through colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy followed by a biopsy. As per the biopsy, it is a mild non-specific inflammation. So, my doctor did several tests like fecal calprotect...  Read Full »