Q. Why do I get headache only when I am on computer or television?

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2020

For a while I have been extremely sensitive to light and sun. Whenever I am in bright light or sunlight, I get headaches or a migraine. Two weeks ago, I developed migraine. Ever since then I have not been able to get on the computer to work as I get pressure in my head and headache. I am fine when I am not on the computer or watching television. Now, seeing computer or reading something on paper also causes this pressure and then result in headache. My current medication is Cloraz Dipot 3.75 mg once daily. Please help.

#

I have read your question with care and understand your concerns.

• You are suffering from what is called as migraine predisposed by light.
  • This is a condition in which, nociceptive signals transmitted from the cranial dura mater to the brain are uniquely exacerbated by exposure to light.
  • Please share your reports and past treatment details for better plan of management.

Revert back with the detailed history to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|