Q. Why do I get headache only when I am on computer or television?

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2020

For a while I have been extremely sensitive to light and sun. Whenever I am in bright light or sunlight, I get headaches or a migraine. Two weeks ago, I developed migraine. Ever since then I have not been able to get on the computer to work as I get pressure in my head and headache. I am fine when I am not on the computer or watching television. Now, seeing computer or reading something on paper also causes this pressure and then result in headache. My current medication is Cloraz Dipot 3.75 mg once daily. Please help.

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Neuro Surgery Neurology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

I have read your question with care and understand your concerns.

• You are suffering from what is called as migraine predisposed by light.
  • This is a condition in which, nociceptive signals transmitted from the cranial dura mater to the brain are uniquely exacerbated by exposure to light.
  • Please share your reports and past treatment details for better plan of management.

Revert back with the detailed history to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

My wife has been suffering from migraine and gastric irritation. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from a migraine. I have consulted a neurosurgeon. He has given tablets Sibelium 10 mg, Topirol 25 mg, and Serenance. But, she is unable to take food. While drinking water also she is feeling gastric irritation. She is taking Omez D and Zofran syrup before meals for ...  Read Full »

I get headaches when I go out in the sun. Please suggest some ayurvedic cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I get headaches, especially when I wash my hair or when I go out in the sun. The climate is really hot here, and I stay indoors. But, I still get headaches, and my nose also pains a bit. I cannot stop washing my hair because of this. Please help.  Read Full »

MRI report for migraine says minimal microvascular changes. What does it mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 52 years old and had an MRI for worsening migraines for the last six months. I have had migraines for 31 years. The finding was a few foci of T2 and 3 mm T2 prolongation within the left frontal subcortical white matter. No associated restricted diffusion or abnormal enhancement. ...  Read Full »