Heart Attack Symptoms

Can pain in the left region always be due to cardiac problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had on and off pain under the left breast and sometimes in the center for 16 hours. Should I worry? Or am I fine? I also had an EKG earlier today, which was normal and a normal echo a month and a half ago.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your age? Any co-morbidities like diabetes, hypertension? Or any family history?  Read Full »

Recently, my father had second heart attack and a stent is placed. Please suggest your opinion.

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 62 years old and he had a second heart attack recently. The first one was before seven years and a stent is placed. Now again a stent is placed in the left circumflex artery. His recent ECHO report shows diastolic dysfunction of grade 1, with mild mitral regurgitation and tr...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry to hear about your father's health condition. When a person gets a heart attack, then it is necessary to follow a lifestyle modification, and medications are needed to be taken. He should eat a healthy diet like a Mediterranean diet. It is low in cholestero...  Read Full »

Are acid reflux and chest congestion symptoms of GERD or a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, who weighs 240 lbs, and I am 5.10 feet tall. Tonight I had what I think was acid reflux or heartburn. I was not sure about it, as I have never had it. I felt like something is stuck in my throat, and also I felt a chest congestion when I tried to cough. I was...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Let go of your anxiety. Gastroesophageal reflux disease is 80 % corrected by simple diet and lifestyle modifications. So, I would suggest you try the following. Lose your weight. If your BMI (body mass index) is 25 or above, you need to lo...  Read Full »

Taking Pantoprazole for high cholesterol. Can forearm tingling be signs of heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has had high cholesterol for some time in the past week. He has mentioned that his forearms feel like they tingle after which clammy hands follow. It happens suddenly and stays for a while then goes away. It is not constant. He does seem to have had intestinal blo...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your husband's tingling is most likely due to the long time effect of Topzole (Pantoprazole) which causes hypomagnesemia which is reduced magnesium in the blood which in turn causes tingling and also increases the chance of a heart attack. There is nothing to worry ...  Read Full »

Does my chest pain sound like a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had fluctuating elevated blood pressure for three to four years between 135-180/85-112 mmHg. I did not take any medication. I have had episodes of sudden fainting, pain and burning in the chest. When tested, ECG was fine. But four days ago, it was different. I had felt extremel...  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are not typical of a heart attack. They seem to indicate musculoskeletal pain or inflammation. Is the pain triggered by deep breathing or body movements? This would be another argument in favor of a musculo-skeletal pain. The increase in blood pressur...  Read Full »

I am still tired one week after an episode of left-sided chest pain. Do I need few more tests?

Query: Hi doctor,Last week at 4 AM, I had an ache and pain on the left side of my chest. My whole body was shivering. I waited for 30 to 40 minutes and then went to the hosptial. The doctor did a checkup and all the reports came back normal. The ache lasted the whole day and by evening the pain subsided by...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I  have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your ECG is not normal. There are significant Q waves in the left precordial leads and inferior leads, which can be an indicator of heart attack. I suggest doing a 2D echo test to rule out hea...  Read Full »

My grandmother suffered a minor heart attack. Can medicines remove the heart block?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an 80 year old grandmother. She had unbearable chest pain two weeks back, due to which she was admitted to the hospital. After checking the ECG report, the doctor said that she suffered a minor heart attack. He said that my grandmother has a blockage in the heart. She does n...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your grandmother's test result (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see some changes, which confirms that she suffered a heart attack. Suffering a heart attack is not something anyone recovers from immediately, it will certa...  Read Full »